1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 8 Running Thread: The Brian Greasy Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, this game is setting up to be so boring, you haven't even changed your avatar for it.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Auburn-LSU game just got interesting:
    http://www.lsureveille.com/source-mathieu-ware-suspended-for-auburn-game-1.2655296

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Washington, USC, Kansas State.

Cha-ching!

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What's your bet?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Auburn. They continually fall into piles of shit and coming out smelling of roses.

By the way, big ups to the school paper for breaking the story. And if the Daily Reveille is correct, "multiple games" means they'd miss the Alabama game, too (LSU has a bye next week).

8. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Yeah, LSU's secondary is majorly compromised without Honey Badger and his backup (Simon). I think the running back can take a hit because they'll role Ford, Blue and Magee out and be fine. Nobody of the three is quite as good as Ware. Ford might be more talented, but it's been a bit of a disjointed journey for him.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

We'll see how legit UW is Saturday. Only team they've really played so far was Nebraska in a loss. Nearly lost to Eastern Washington to start the year, but the Huskies seem to be getting better each week and Price seems to be finding his stride quite well.
    Locker got all the accolades the last few years at UW, but I never thought he was a great QB, especially in comparison to the hype. He always struck me as the Danica Patrick of college QBs. I'm thinking Price is going to prove to be the better QB, though he'll fall short against Luck and Co.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That and Bill Snyder is never, ever going to let his guys overlook KU. He takes great delight in blowing out Kansas. A blowout win by the Jayhawks in this series was the beginning of the end for Ron Prince a few years ago. Could it work the other way this time around?

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Should be another epic tailgate in East Lansing for this guy, but last week was great as well. I will be in East Lansing for another night game. My last night game? When MSU beat Notre Dame on the fake field goal in overtime, or now known as "Little Giants." Maybe a good omen.

Wisconsin's wins have come against teams who have a combined nine victories over D-1 FBS teams. It will be interesting to see what MSU's defense has in store to stop Russell Wilson. Kirk Cousins needs to play like he did against Wisky last year if the Spartans want a chance. The battle in the trenches will dictate things.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pitt's off this week and will still find a way to lose. I'm sure many who found Todd Graham to be an arrogant ass at Tulsa are very much enjoying this and I don't blame them.

Draft saved Draft deleted