1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 7 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 10, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Better yet, give it to your young stud running back on third down.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good thoughts. I think I'll still take Wake, at home. Wake, like Cincy and Rutgers and Webby U., I believe is one of those programs on the rise. This would be a spotlight win in front of America.

Wake 28, Florida State 14.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

This douchebag crew doesn't have the slightest fucking clue what its doing. Five minute delay after a punt. Wake muffed it, Fla. St. recovered, but there was a block in the back on Wake.

So first, they award the ball to wake, minus the penalty. Ol Bobby said that dog won't hunt. So then they decided ot have Florida State rekick. Again, says Bobby, that dog won't hunt. So after turning circles like a confused puppy, they decide to review. Good job ACC, assigning this crack crew on a national game.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Now it's fourth down again because the ball hit a Fla. St. guy before it bounced off the wake guy. Yet Rain Man still couldn't explain it. And I thought the high school games were played tomorrow.

Edit: Ok, Florida State got the ball first and 10, 10 yards from the spot of the punt, despite the fact that the penalty occurred after the kick. Fuck me, I'm confused. I really think this crew just made some shit up after feeling the squeeze of holding up a national game for 10 minutes.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Texas State and Central Arkansas are tied 7-7 in the first quarter.

6. Songbird

Scottie Pippen's probably thrilled with that score.

7. Songbird

Wake 7-0 on an 83-yard TD run.

8. Songbird

Noles 14-7, halftime.

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Thursday has developed as a college football night, and you're the only game on TV ... everybody who "cares" about college football is watching, at least intermittently. I'd say that takes preference over several slots you could be in on a Saturday against competition from myriad other games. It's a decent trade-off.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Damn, for all his faults and the fact that he's supposedly dumb a rock, X. Lee gets the ball out quick.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

X Lee isn't as dumb as Bobby Bowden or Jimbo Fisher. Shitty coaching again for the aging corpse.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Nice job, FSU. Wake runs a little dive into the line on 3rd and 10 near midfield and you stop it ... by hauling the guy down by his facemask. First down. Field goal after three more plays. Game over.

Draft saved Draft deleted