1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 7: John Elway's Cardinal Sins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Entertaining: yes

Competitive: doubtful

Some real stinkers on the agenda.

Thurs:

USC @ CAL (Lane Kiffin vs. Jeff Tedford; what they have in common: Both have won nothing):

SD State @ AFA---The beauty of the Springs makes this tolerable.)

Fri:

Hawaii @ San Jose State: (I think I would rather watch poker reruns than this mess.)

Sat:

Mich @ Mich St. ---Does Denard go off against a good team?

Baylor @ A & M--- Defense Optional

Oklahoma St. @ Texas----Mack continues the streak of giving up 55 or more.

Clemson @ Maryland----UPSET ALERT! Just when Dabo could run for governor of S. Carolina, they trip on their dicks at the home of hideous jerseys.

Kansas State @ Texas Tech---UPSET ALERT #2!....KState sucks in Lubbock.

Oklahoma @ Kansas----I'll take Kansas and 60.

Arizona St. @ Oregon----No LaMichael; Should be a good game.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

South Carolina at Mississippi State is made a bit more interesting after 'Cocks QB Garcia's dismissal from squad.

3. mb

mb Active Member

I would believe anything from Mississippi State by 20 to South Carolina by 20.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oklahoma isn't quite as ruthless as Oklahoma State is; it will probably have only a 42-7 halftime lead over Kansas.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Uh......If OU only has 42 at the half........it'll be 80 at the end of the game.

6. mb

mb Active Member

[​IMG]

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, they had 28 points in the third quarter in that game. Not saying it's not going to get ugly, but Drew Allen will probably play the whole second half

8. mb

mb Active Member

Honestly, I was just looking for an excuse to post that. Can still remember walking through the airport and being floored when they flashed that score up.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What did that AM/Oklahoma Score end up?

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A few gems that Chef missed. How about one from each time zone (in the lower 48, anyway):

* Ohio State at Illinois, 2:30 p.m. CDT ... Illini have given the Buckeyes fits as an underdog in recent years. Let's see what happens when the tables are turned.

* Virginia Tech at Wake Forest, 6:30 p.m. EDT ... Is Wake Forest good for two straight upsets? Can Virginia Tech play any defense this week?

* Stanford at Washington St., 4:30 p.m. PDT ... Tempted to drive down to Pullman myself, just to see Luck and company can carve up the Cougs.

* Idaho at New Mexico St., 7 p.m. MDT ... Which will be higher: combined points scored, or fans in the seats? And we wonder why Boise State split from the WAC.

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

So, say Florida loses to Auburn. Definite possibility. And South Carolina gets tripped up in Starkville. Another definite possibility. Guess who leads the SEC East by their lonesome?

[​IMG]

Behold! The power of an easy conference schedule.

(Assuming, that is, that they don't lose to Vanderbilt. A possibility, though obviously not a definite one.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

After South Carolina lost to Auburn and Florida lost to Alabama and LSU, Georgia became the odds-on favorite to win the East. South Carolina will lose to Arkansas, so if Georgia doesn't trip up against Florida or Auburn, they're in Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted