1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 6: Denarius Moore or less

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 4, 2011.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Good. I'm rooting for some good old-fashioned fisticuffs. In this day and age of back-room deals and conferences chasing beaucoups megabucks at the expense of decades of history and the best interests of the fans themselves, I'd love to see some punches and projectiles thrown to strike some fear in the hearts of the ivory-tower-dwelling administrators who otherwise will sleep easy on piles of cash.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I second this prediction, although the Cougs got a huge break in Colorado as they apparently decided to stop covering deep routes late in the fourth quarter.

If WSU wins this weekend ... is it possible to wonder about bowl eligibility?

Winnable game with Oregon State (in Seattle) and a home game against Utah remain.

Or maybe I'm crazy.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Cal @ Oregon tonight could be ugly.

Blowout ugly.

Oregon can score anytime they want.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Colorado did choke that game away, both with leaving Wilson wide open and then the receiver coughing up the ball. Tuel may or may not be back this week, last I checked Lobster is starting. UCLA hasn't shown much, but it will be a close game.
    If the Cougs are 4-1, two more wins are out there, if not three. From 3-2, that would be harder.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

So Tech and A&M fans getting into a fight are going to make Missouri stay in the Big 12 and keep the Big East alive?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Maryland's best linebacker is now listed as doubtful? Jackets win Saturday by four touchdowns. They shouldn't even have to throw the ball 10 times.

7. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Perhaps not, but at least that'll provide more amusement than hanging on every word that come out of DeLoss Dodds' and Brady Deaton's mouths.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dear Oregon: a placekicker wearing #41 is God's way of telling you to go for it.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think I just watched LaMichael James break his wrist.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That was ugly.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That was turn your head "OH SON OF A BITCH" ugly.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If I recall, on the play before the injury, James sprinted up the sideline toward the end zone, but a Cal defender approached inside the 5 and made James veer a little bit off course, causing his foot to graze the sideline. No touchdown.

Without that, there wouldn't have been an injury.

Or ... Chip Kelly could have had a second-string RB in the game, considering the Ducks were already ahead by 20-plus points and it was the fourth quarter.

Draft saved Draft deleted