1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 5: Paul Hornungs' Single Bar Facemask

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not this shit again.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

'Least we made it five weeks ...

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

OK, please to continue with the weekly brown bunny of all things SEC. Apparently that's OK, all 13 weeks of the season.

Boise State 35, Georgia 21. At Atlanta. And it wasn't anywhere near that close. Just sayin.'

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Great. They'd still get curbstomped by LSU or Alabama.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So does everybody else in the SEC.

Didn't you guys also promise that Alabama would curbstomp Utah in the Sugar Bowl too? 8)

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

You're bragging that they beat the fifth or sixth best team in the SEC? If you were in the SEC you'd have to do that kind of thing just to stay in the race.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Boise's been gunning for full professional status for close to decade . . . and they're just about there. They'd fit right in.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

These arguments are always based on the assumption that what football teams were like in the last game (or several games before that) is what they are going to be like all year. Straight-line projection. It's a fallacy. Every football coach I have ever heard on this subject, including multiple college and pro Hall of Famers, has stressed that teams are an exercise in developmental biology and change dramatically, hopefully for the better, as the season progresses.
    The polls are very loath to admit this fact, which is why they are an exercise in low comedy before Halloween.
    As I noted earlier on this thread. There's an easy way to shut up the tedious Boise argument once and for all. Put 'em in a BCS conference and have done with it. I do note that amidst the reshuffling, no BCS conference has entertained this idea. Wonder why? Someday the Justice Department might wonder, too.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Michigan-Michigan State is a noon kickoff. Damn. Now I have to drive up at 6 am.

Draft saved Draft deleted