1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 4 Running Thread: Brett Favre's Faded Jeans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 20, 2011.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Tommy! Completions are much more awesome when you force them into triple coverage. Remember that!

As for me, work will keep me from watching Mizzou-Oklahoma. If that game goes like I expect it to, I can just delete it from the DVR and it will be almost like it never happened. Bummed about not watching A&M-Okie State. Should be a doozy.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Been sitting at a bar for thelast hour trying to get into this byu game. Time to admit it ain't happening.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Why is ESPN2 subjecting the country to Penn State-Eastern Michigan? If ever a game screamed "Big Ten Network," or "Penn State's annual MAC mismatches Part II doesn't merit TV," this is it.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jesus, dude. Give me a break. I'm sick of trying to watch one of these games off an online BTN feed.

Man, Michael Mauti goes to the locker room with a bag around his knee and a towel over his head. That's absolutely all the Nits need right now.

5. amraeder

The decision to dump Dayne Crist for Tommy Reese within the first half of the first game continues to look like a colossal fuck-up by Kelly. Tommy Reese -- Is. Not. Good.

6. jr/shotglass

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maryland joining N.C. State in embarrassing the ACC. Big East honchos must be laughing their asses off. Also, Big East might consider getting Temple back in the league after the Owls performances last two weeks.

8. jr/shotglass

Temple hasn't been bad for a few years now. There's a reason Al Golden was in demand.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think you're right. He does not resemble in any way a Division I starting quarterback. Not sure if Crist would be much better, but Rees is a backup at this level, at best.

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Pitt also figured out (as did anyone who's watched ND at all) what 95% of Rees "success" has been, to this point in his career. Kid locks on Floyd. Take Floyd away, you've taken away Rees effectiveness. Ironically, the issue with Crist was the fact he checked down to a fault, deeply under utilizing Floyd.

11. amraeder

I just really can't believe that Crist would make this many mistakes. I'd much rather under-utilize Floyd then have these back-breaking turnovers.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was wrong in Week 1 when I argued that Notre Dame was good.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted