1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football Week 3 Running Thread: Rick Mirer's Irish Eyes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Yes, a rather spectacular beat down is taking place on the hallowed turf (cough) of Waldo Stadium. Does my heart good, already anticipating the pure joy of the calls I'll be making to my Chippy alum cousins. It makes the inevitable Buckeye meltdown (which I assume begins this evening) a bit more palatable. At least the alma mater has smacked around the Chips...

Holy SH*T, the B1G sucks.....

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

lol how could Arkansas fans ever run off Houston Nutt!?!?! They could never wish for any better and he will prove them wrong!

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The announcers of the Penn State/Temple game seem to think having Paterno off the field will affect Penn State more than having shitty players on it.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The only thing stopping Georgia Tech are the walls behind the goal posts.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Temple almost got that one. Penn State used a cheap head shot over the middle to break up that drive.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Well ... I checked back in, and lo and behold, James Vandenberg went nuts in the fourth quarter, tossing 3 TDs to rally the Hawkeyes past Pitt.

Never a doubt. ::)

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wouldn't shock me to see Gus Malzahn as the coach at Ole Miss next year.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

So....I guess that makes the B1G the unquestioned state champ of PA.?? Grasping at straws here....

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Duke won.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Duke and Vandy winning on the same day?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Watched the last drive by Temple. That offense couldn't have been more conservative if the plays were run backwards. Also didn't help that the QB seemed confused by passes of more than 4 yards.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

UCLA is frickin' terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted