1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You can save games with the Core System (the 299 one) but you need a memory card to do so. Considering that's 50 bucks, and the Pro System with the 20 GB drive is 399, might as well get that. Of course, if you use Marketplace and download movies and game demos, you might want to go all out for the black Elite, which has a 120 GB HD for 479.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I have the 360 version. Yes there is a super sim(very cool). The high school thing there too.

p.s. Now that I think about it, I understand why they didnt put it in the current gen game. Its obvious that they put all their concentration on the next gen version.

3. Here's something from the next gen: The game logs all of the plays that took place during each drive and you can replay them at any time. You can save them (five is the maximum i believe) to your hard drive and have them to replay and rub it in the face of your buddy any time you want.

Furthermore, for the amateur photographer in all of us scribes, you can take a snapshot of any of those replays and also save them. Crazy.

Oh ... and I'm about to play the game.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I've lost two games in five seasons with Arizona, which was ranked dead last when I started, including three straight national titles. Won the Heisman with the slow-ass, no-arm quarterback that was already there. Threw for 5,000 yards with him when I had no running back. Did all that on All-American, with some Heisman mixed in. What does all that prove? This shit is way too easy.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Here's a question for you guys: What do you do with your hold versions of NCAA? I have five out-of-date copies just sitting there. Is there any place that would give anything for those.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

As we get to next gens, will the computer get better at adjusting to how you play? You could always just master 3 plays and go to town with those. It'd be nice if that wasn't the case.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You're pretty much out of luck. Outdated sports games have zilch in shelf life; even if, say, NCAA March Madness 2007 is fundamentally the same game as 2006, nobody wants to play with old players.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's why I never get the new versions right away. Once you get through the first couple years of a dynasty, you're pretty much playing with fictional players anyway. Unless there's a ton of new features, I don't mind waiting a couple months to get it for half price or less.
    Well, that reason plus I'm a cheap bastard :D

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I just traded in five games (NCAA Hoops 2K7, NCAA Football '07, FIFA '06, FIFA World Cup '06 and ... can't think of the last one. All were either '06 to '07 versions) and got $20. It sucks, but it's better than those just sitting by the TV collecting dust while I don't play them. Plus it means I pay $30 for NCAA football today. (I know, I know...I payed $xx for all of those so it doesn't really even out.)

10. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I ... wasn't ... going ... to .... get .... the ... game ... this soon .... but you .... friekin' .... guys .... are ... driving ... me .... nuts .....
    OK, where are the car keys! I gotta go!

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Bought the game last night and fucked around with the mini-games a little before going to bed last night. Same as last year's -- bowling, tug-of-war and option dash -- but since this is my first NCAA with a seventh-gen system, it's new to me. Still not quite comfortable with the passing, seems a little distant, but I'll get used to it. Biggest issue I'm having so far is the black and white buttons becoming the left and right shoulder buttons. Not that the black/white buttons were ever conveniently located, but after six years of using them, you get into habits.

Today, I start Campus Legend. I bet I have to go to like FIU or UL-Monroe or something.

And no I-AA schools at all. I CALL SHENANIGANS. This is the future; I was expecting to have a full array of D-II and D-III schools by now. I wanted to, at some point in my life, play USC vs. Averett.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Dude, if you can only get into FIU and UL-Monroe, you'd make me look like the fuckin' Pete Carroll of video game college football (If only I could make you understand how bad I am at these football games ... not to mention hoops games. Shit, really, I'm only good at the soccer games). You'll get offers from Top 25 schools.

Draft saved Draft deleted