1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I am sure Bama would be happy to have that go in the game, too. That's the area where official licensing becomes very sucky.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Thanks. Apparently I missed that one.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Picked up the game this evening. Played a half and did some Campus Legend things.

1) Didn't notice a sim option in-game. But I didn't look for it either.

2) In the PS2 version, you don't play any high school games. You do a mini camp to determine what schools will offer you rides.

3) I'm still pleased with the Campus Legend. Really enjoy having practice (PRACTICE ... WE'RE TALKIN' 'BOUT PRACTICE!!?!??! I MEAN, WE'RE TALKIN' 'BOUT PRACTICE, HERE) every day, then the evening option of studying, receiving tutoring, more practice or taking a social hour.

4) Speaking of Campus Legend, did mini camp twice and was offered a ride to any place in the country twice. I think that needs to be a bit tougher. Opted for BYU this time for a challenge. I'll go somewhere else when I get rosters.

5) Speaking of which, desperately need rosters. This blows as RB #11 and such.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Damn, I was really looking forward to playing in the high school playoffs...

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Damn, I've been out of college for a little over a year and haven't owned a video game system or played video games in that time. But this thread REALLY makes me want to run out and get a 360 or something.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Basic 360 systems going for $300 at my local Best Buy. Of course the game is $60 and after tax on both you're in the $400 range.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Worth every penny.

You can also sign up for Gamefly & pay $20 a month to play two games.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

OK, I'm Xbox illiterate. Don't you "need" the hard drive? Can you still save games on the Basic System?

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think the expanded recruiting and such are PS3 and 360 versions. Would make sense since they have more capabilities with those systems.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The recruiting in this version is so detailed it is intimidating. I was so used to just hitting all five-stars with their favorite pitches and landing the best class in the country.

This is going to take real effort. You have to keep up with promises, sell prospects on a variety of pitches, manage the amount of time (down to the minute) you talk to a recruit on the phone, search the country for your needs via a recruiting search engine. It is out of control ... and I love it.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, I've always loved the recruiting aspects. I've never been into The Sims, but this is kinda like The Sims for sports fans.

Sometimes you can get bored going through the season just because you want to get to the offseason and recruiting (altho in-season recruiting did help that, especially trying to win whenever you had a recruit on campus).

Draft saved Draft deleted