1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I generally play seven minute quarters on All-American, though I start off with Varsity when I'm in my first week (and I'll be willing to bet I'll have a longer curve to navigate this time). I don't mind high-scoring games, but they need to be college football scores. Much fun as it is to beat a team 113-3, it's not authentic.

Every so often I'll play a season of nothing but overtimes. That's kind of fun.

And the new Heisman and dynasty modes are what really have me up for this, though the mini-games from last year, what little I saw of them, were cool and I hope they're back too.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Speaking of 113-3 games, anyone know if the new game will have a "Sim to end" feature? The old ones really needed this, so you could sim out a game in which you were up by 50 at half.

3. sounds like I'm taking a day off tomorrow

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Forgot to include that in the original question. What level do most of you play on?

Varsity is way too easy, so I keep it on All-American. I can usually get some pretty good football scores with an occassional blowout. Of course, I also try to run the ball as much as I pass it.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

What's wrong with covering up a murder or two in one of their dorms?

Of course, the mighty Broncos don't win shit either.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'll buy it, but I have to wait till payday cause I am a poor journalist

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You are in luck. They have "Super Sim" where you can Sim through just offense or just defense or sim through the rest of the game. Pretty sweet idea.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Usually All-American. I go up to Heisman on occasion, but ultimately go back down after the running back on the 76th ranked team in the country breaks at least three tackles, including the one of the blitzing linebacker, on every carry. There is no realistic setting.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's what MVP Baseball has always had. You can sim a game and jump in at any time during the game, quit the game and sim the rest of it.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Need a report on this game. Plan on purchasing tonight.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I downloaded the demo on my 360. Hard to tell from the limited exposure, but it seems like running is a little harder than it used to be. I miss the three window play-calling schematic; now it's more like Madden where you choose by play type, ball carrier or formation and then flip through four-window pages. They killed the first-person punt/kickoff return angle, which is more than fine by me. Passing seemed a bit distant, but then I've only played one game of two-minute quarters. I'll probably buy it tonight.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I forgot to download the demo last night, but I'll probably end up buying it regardless.

I read pretty cool things about the Campus Legend mode, where you start off in a high school playoff game. After the game, you're presented with a list of schools who are interested in you, along with the role you'll likely have on the team.

As for the rosters, the message boards at psxsports.com is down currently. There is still general info on the main site.

Draft saved Draft deleted