1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Let me know how it plays on PS2 cause I'm thinking about getting it.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've always played 5-minute quarters. Yet no matter what level I play on, I always seem to blow everyone out. I think the closest game I've ever played in this series was North Carolina (I was UNC) against Miami. I won, 56-49 on All-American level.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

DId that change this year? PS2 user here. In the past, I've downloaded the roster to a PS2 flash drive, then coverted them to a usable file for the game. I've gone to psxsports.com for the last four or five years. If I can't download them, I'll go elsewhere.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm 99% sure you still can. The issue with downloading was for the 360. If people didn't rename the roster file, it could be traced back to his XBL account & result in his being banned from XBL. He's not taking that chance, so the 360 files will be memory card only. No such issues for the PS2 & other systems.

I'll try & post links later.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

For the first time in ages, I'm skipping NCAA. I have never bought Madden for the PS2, so I'm going with that title this year. A friend is buying NCAA, so I'm sure we'll swap out at some point.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i'm conflicted...

i'll probably end up buying it for the ps2, but i have a ps2 and a wii. i'm not that big of a gamer, but i've thought about the 360 just for the sports games, not even treating the wii as a viceo game consolue in the traditional sense, but just as a wii.

i think at some point i may pick up a 360... but not at this point. that's why i think i may hold out on the ps2 version. i think.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Once I was spoiled by HD gaming, I could never turn back. My PS2 has essentially turned into a REALLY nice DVD player.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sure, it looks like a good game, but can you get a championship ring from playing it?

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070716005328&newsLang=en

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, question from the old guy who hasn't bought an x-box, playstation or any of that crap since my Sega Genesis (Laugh now, but my Houston Oilers will kick your ass in tecmo super bowl):

Is NCAA 08 available for PC or just game systems?

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just game systems, which was a big reason I got my Xbox, so I could play NCAA.

Sadly, my HuronsEagles haven't been able to win anything, but then that's just like in real life, eh, slappy?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Starting at the top and filtering through the rest of society, Hank, my boy...

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

That's why you import D-2 or Ivy League teams. Try beating Miami as Dartmouth. That's a challenge.

Draft saved Draft deleted