1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There really isn't a whole lot of new games that have come out for Xbox since the 360 came out. Mostly just the franchise games (Madden, NCAA, NHL).

The one nice thing is that most stores still do carry Xbox games, but you can get some pretty decent ones pretty cheap. I just picked up Burnout 3 for six bucks.

Not sure if I'll get this one or not. I just got NCAA 07 a few months ago, so maybe I'll wait a bit. Or maybe I'll wait and get a 360 sometime early next year.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Can you play XBox games on your 360?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was happy that I was getting a normal-looking console again, until I ... eventually ... pulled out the power supply. The least they should do is rig it so you can use it as a generator for storms and the whatnot.

Hank: I hear tell that NCAA and Madden are the final games for the Xbox, or at least the final EA games.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Some of them, and you need a hard drive to do so. Here's the list: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Breathe easy -- Barbie's Horse Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue made the list.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Yea that's what I heard to.

I think the franchise games (Madden, NCAA, etc) have been the only new titles to come out for Xbox since the birth of the 360.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

They update the list fairly often as well.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Anybody else download rosters for these college games?

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

*drool*

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Yes. Having the real names definitely improves the game.

I bought the 360 Transfer Kit last year so I could get the rosters from psxsports.com. However, a recent 360 update used to track down modders & other shady business also ended up banning that guys Xbox Live account, since all the shared files were tracked back to him. So this year I have to send him a memory card.

(I'd insert a link detailing this, but the site won't load. I'm sure it's being inundated.)

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm getting up early to buy this so I can get in as many games as I can before heading to work at 2 pm. I buy every edition. Last year wasn't a let down, but not that much of an upgrade from 06. It looks like this year's will be insane.

Thank god, too. I needed something to help me survive the next month and a half of football-less sports.

How do you go about downloading rosters? Do you get them from XBox Live?

11. Hank_Scorpio

So when you guys play a dynasty, how long do you make the quarters?

5 minutes seems too short and 15 seems too long. I've usually used 10 minute quarters and everything turns out fairly realistic.

Just wondering how the other gamers on here fare.

Ty, some guy puts in all the names on the rosters. Not exactly sure how he does it, but I think the only way you can get them now would be via sending him a memory card.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

What Hank said. When the site comes back up, I'll post a link.

I trust this site a lot. He's been doing it for years. Fans send him current roster info & he starts inputting all the names in when the game comes out. It's saved as a roster file & he'll save them on a memory card & send them back.

In the past, he would post them online where they could be downloaded & then transferred to your machine with a special accessory. http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10383/Xbox-360-Transfer-Kit-Update/

There are no updates for NCAA games on Xbox Live as that would be an NCAA no-no. You can download updated rosters for other sports games via XBL.

Draft saved Draft deleted