1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I am surprisingly not sad about not having I-AA teams. The old versions of the game only had the opening game rosters (and expected attributes) from the previous season. You either had to modify rosters to the point where it became unrealistic or deal with having a team with 50-60 rated players all over it.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's true. But not having create-a-team, that's just WRONG. I can't kick out Marshall and Tulane for VCU and Old Dominion? Up yours, EA!

Got offers from everyone after my option QB ripped up the HS playoffs. A nice touch: when you get offered, they tell you what string you'll come in at. USC, for example, was going to put me on as a fourth-stringer, and LSU and Michigan had me in at third string. But No. 10 Arkansas was going to give me the starting job, and I think I can deal with pitching out to McFadden from the word go.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The fact that Arkansas is No. 10 is a joke. They are this year's Ga Tech, the worst team with the best player in the nation.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Eff next-gen and eff NCAA Football. I just downloaded the rFactor racing game for my PC and it totally kicks ass.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Then start your own rFactor thread and let us enjoy our amazing football game.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I just had no clue what the hell that meant.

7. KYSportsWriter

Aww, c'mon now. They aren't that bad...

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If they land at No. 2 in the SEC West, I'll be surprised. They just don't have a quarterback. Tough to win in the SEC without balance.

9. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Any more reviews of this game?

I've played it for a couple minutes on a PS2, but I haven't seen the PS3 version yet.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I was ready to grab it today, but couldn't pull the trigger. I don't have the time to play it this week, so I'll grab pick it up next week. Plus, I'm still trying to finish off NCAA 07. Stupid 60 Year Sim achievement. :mad:

11. KYSportsWriter

???

What are you talking about?

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Xbox Live achievements I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted