1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Football 08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I am intending to get this tomorrow for my Xbox 360 (unless someone's doing a midnight sale). The previews are amping me nicely. Assumably this won't be NCAA 2003 v6.5.

Who's with me?

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I was going to download the demo tonight to check it out. I always get this game, so send me a friends invite (surprisingly, my gamertag is StormSurge) and you can kick my ass. I'm sure I'll have it within the next week or two.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

All I know is that the commercials are good. That is all I know about it.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I've heard 360 and PS3 versions will have more indepth recruiting tools.

I'm planning on the PS2 version.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is this the one with Zabransky on the cover?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

This game is gonna' be sick(same with Madden). Everything about it is going to be better. Graphics, gameplay, etc.
    They added the heisman mode this year for the next gen games as well. And instead of just starting out as a freshman, you get to start as a high school senior(you can customize everything about your high school such as team colors, names etc) playing in the state playoffs.

Here are some vids http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4746.html

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Yes.

I'm definitely expecting bigger things from this year's version. Last year's 360 version was stripped down from the last-gen games. Hopefully that's reversed this year. (No offense to PS2 owners.)

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can also print a bunch of different mascot covers off of ea.com.

This and Madden will also be the last of the games coming out for the original Xbox.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I didn't even realize that there were still games made for the Xbox. I know the PS2 is still going strong, but I thought the Xbox was already done.

Are you going to get it Hank?

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm keeping my Xbox for use as a weapon. Xbox is HUEG.

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Just reserved my copy for PS2, and I'm picking it up at midnight. I don't play a ton of video games, but this is the one title I pick up every year without hesitation. This year was no exception.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I was thrilled when I let a friend borrow it permanantely. It opened up lots of space for me. Unfortunately, the 360's power brick filled most of it.

The PS2 is a perfect-sized system, even with the HDD. (Not the Slimline, although that is pretty cool looking.)

Draft saved Draft deleted