1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Final Four media honcho getting tough

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Hungry Horse News is about to get put on probation.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

An oldie but a goodie.

[​IMG]

3. JR119

JR119 Member

Well, it's no secret that a good number of this generation's so-called reporters seem more concerned about posting a "selfie" on site (ex: at the Final Four) vs. actually reporting -- or writing a column -- about the event.

SFIND and gravehunter like this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe some young buck from East Bumble covers his/her school in a D-3 championship and, because it is pretty cool to cover your first national championship, tweets the credential to 200 followers. Do we have a problem with that too?

5. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Unless I missed something, he didn't call anyone out. No name was mentioned.

expendable and Ace like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good point.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Can't do both, that's for damn sure.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, for reasons already mentioned. Not the least of which is the writer is an adult and a journalist. I know that's not fun, warm or fuzzy, but here ya go.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't imagine taking a photo of my credential and posting it, but I can imagine someone posting a photo in which they are prominently wearing a credential. That's a gray area.

10. I get why the policy exists. But let's be real. If Bob Ryan or Mike Lupica posts a credential pic witb the caption "I'm excited about about covering my 30th consecutive Final Four." They're not getting revoked.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Is there a specific rule that folks are not to post their pass on social media? The closest I got to a final four -- I was that guy who covered a team in the D-III championships. But that was before MySpace, so it never crossed my mind to even take a picture of said pass, much less share it with others. That would be a waste of film.

12. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Bearer shall not, at any time, display, post, or otherwise reproduce the credential image on any digital platform, including online social media sites or applications (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat).

2014-15 Credential Terms Conditions

expendable likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted