1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA does it again .. Hammers Jackson St. Grambling and Southern

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 25, 2011.

1. Gosh, wonder what will happen to OSU and Auburn if this is how the NCAA handles the little guys. ::)

2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Well if we're talking APR (and yes....I know this isn't what you're shooting at), not much, in Ohio State's case. They currently have a top 10 APR.....

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At least that's what the finance department at the dealership says.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is really a bad example of the NCAA picking on the little guy. The penalties aren't negotiable you get nailed no matter who you are.

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

LIES!!! ALL LIES!! THOSE WERE ALL HONEST DEALS!! D*MNED MEDIA ALWAYS STIRRIN" UP THE HATIN'!

Or not...... If we're gonna cheap shots at my boys, though, let's at LEAST make sure it's something they're actually cheating at / doing wrong. Just sayin'

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Honestly, this really means nothing to the SWAC schools. They don't participate in the FCS playoffs, and haven't for some time now (I think the last team to play in a playoff game was either Alcorn State when Steve McNair was there, or maybe Jackson State a year or two after that).
    If they start banning basketball teams from the tournament, that would definitely hurt.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't tell if you're serious, but on the off chance you are, you can pretty much assume Ohio State is doing everything it's accused of doing, times 10.

8. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Ummm......no. Not serious. Seemed sort of obvious. There's (unfortunately) plenty of useable ammo out there for the folks that want to take shots at Tosu. Just a little bit of whistlin' past the graveyard, on my part.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Grambling and Southern were banned from the basketball postseason. Can't remember when the last time either made it was (Southern beat Georgia Tech for the league's only NCAA win past the play-in round, I believe)

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Eight posts. Nice.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did either school buy a player for $200K?

Draft saved Draft deleted