1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA deporting Cleve State hoops team?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

In keeping with a very old theme on the board...
    Boy, North Carolina really must've broken some serious NCAA rules, cuz the governing body is DEPORTING the Cleveland State basketball team.

Okay, actually, the CSU men's team has been practicing for two weeks, leaves tomorrow for a tour of Spain, but I thought I'd throw that hackneyed joke out there.

Still, shocking how fast the college hoops season approaches.

2. Killick

It's an old SportsJournalists.com chestnut, write. Joke was that every time UNC, Kansas or another college hoops power broke a rule, the NCAA would come down really hard... on Cleveland State. Making fun of the org's spineless nature.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

IJAG will be along shortly to profanely deride this thread title. You've been warned.

4. Killick

You're right, Junkie.
    It's a VERY old chestnut.

... and I live to be derided by IJAG. Will she wear heels while doing it, please?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I doubt IJAG gives a crap about Cleveland State.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wrong, Grimace.

A joke that most everyone has heard trumps someone posting a bullshit political title.

Sorry to disappoint.

I can still wear heels for you, Killick.

7. Killick

Yeeeeeeesssssssss!

8. Killick

Oops. Did that come off a little creepy? Really, it's not a fetish. It's not!

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

*backing away slowly from thread*

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have you read Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins? There's a dude in there who likes to, um, uh, um, finish in ladies' shoes ...

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Weird. I was thinking of that same book in the "shoes are better than sex" thread on the Anything Goes board.

I believe the term "gravy boat" was used in that book.

Draft saved Draft deleted