1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 4 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 18, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course, Pearl is absolutely right.

Which makes for a really screwed-up game when the losing team AND the winning team need to foul to win.

2. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

5 team parlay, $5 to win $128

Parlay (5 Teams) 03/18/07 09:15 ET
    5.00/128.03 Result: Pending
    Kentucky
    Kansas 03/18/07 (17:05 ET)
    Kentucky +8 (-105)

Nevada
    MemphisU 03/18/07 (16:50 ET)
    Nevada +5.5

Purdue
    Florida 03/18/07 (14:20 ET)
    Florida -11.5 (-115)

UNLV
    Wisconsin 03/18/07 (14:35 ET)
    UNLV +5.5

USC
    Texas 03/18/07 (17:20 ET)
    USC +2.5 (Even)

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Wisconsin's a fraud.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's why I had Ga Tech beating them. Of course, the rambling wrecks were just that.

5. chester

chester Member

I have a really stupid question. I notice that at all the NBA arenas (United Center, Arco, New Orleans), they have huge NCAA logos covering at the jump circle, generally where the NBA team's logo would be. But they didn't have that at the Rupp Arena. I didn't know if they weren't allowed to show the NBA teams' logos, or if it's just conincidence since that UK logo at center court at Rupp is so big. Top be honest, I didn't really pay attention to any of the other non-NBA sites' floors, so I don't know. I know it's a stupid questions, but my wife asked last night, and I really didn't have an answer.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Interesting game, for sure. Oden is dominant in the middle in that zone, but can you afford to play zone against Tennessee? When Chism is at the 5 and Childress comes in for Bradshaw at the 4, that's five 3-point shooters on the floor. And Chism has defended Randolph Morris, Big Baby and the Florida towers as well or better than most, so we'll see how he does against Oden the second time.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chester: At Winston-Salem the Wake Forest logo was on center court. I believe if it's a pro arena they put the NCAA logo on it, and if it's a college gym they let the host school's logo alone.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The UK logo is not an NBA team logo. Therefore it's allowable, as is the Ohio State logo. I believe the NCAA has a rule about such things.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That is correct.

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Which is also why at all of the NBA/non-college arenas, the host school's logo is added to the floor. I don't see that at the United Center though. What gives?

Florida/Purdue are stuck in a barn-burner, and we get stuck here with the absolute torture that is Wisconsin basketball.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Think they already played and it was very close. Thad's got 4 days to put together some kind of 3-2 zone ... or he can just hover near the basket and do his thing.

What worries me is that OSU's guards like to run and gun ... and Oden slows them down. Tenn loves to run, and at some point, Oden will just be running up and down the court, rendered ineffective. I really don't like Tenn at all. I'll be pulling for OSU heavy.

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The United Center floor is different than the Bulls floor. The Big Ten is the host, which is why the name is on the endlines.

Draft saved Draft deleted