1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 4 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 18, 2007.

1. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

By the way, I'm now 100 percent certain that Durant is going to have 8 points and 12 turnovers today ... cuz, that's how my life is. Heh.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hansbrough:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=27018

Durant:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31579

Both of them have dominated.

For those on the Durant bandwagon, how is he better than Hansbrough? Again, this is all opinion, but I'd love to hear the reasoning for saying one dominator makes another dominator look like an average joe.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Glad I could help! ;D

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

OK, let's start here: Despite playing in two more games, Hansbrough has almost 100 fewer rebounds and he's primarily a post player, while Durant often finds himself on the wing. Durant a better scorer, a better FT shooter, a better shot blocker, more steals, and is a better 3-point shooter. The only edge Hansbrough should have is turnovers and that's because Durant handles the ball so much for his team.

5. SouthPaw

SouthPaw New Member

Let's see, seven more points, four more rebounds per game (for a guy whose job isn't to bang inside, either). The ability to shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor. The fact that teams actually fear him. That should be a nice start.

6. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I fucking hate Tennessee. Smug bunch of dicks. And now UVAs going to fucking lose to them. Dammit.

As for Hansbrough ... whoever is posting that garbage is just trying to get a rise. He doesn't really believe that. Clearly, it's working. It's not about stats, either.

My blind fish know that Durant is the best player in the country. So does my taint.

7. Norman Stansfield

Because Durant can do everything Hansbrough can do, but is also just as able to step out to 24 feet and drain a three-pointer. He can create his own shot off the dribble any time he wants. And he's got a 7-4 wingspan, making him a defensive stopper just by his mere presence.

8. You know what they say about glass houses. ::)

9. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Thanks for making me spit my drink all over my keyboard.
    Classic.

10. Norman Stansfield

A_F mentions smug dicks and presto! Ellis Redding chimes in.

;D

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, 7 more points and 4 more rebounds. He's a player. Whereas you look at Durant banging inside, I see Hansbrough running the floor for a big man. Next week, Elite 8. Should be a good battle.

12. Eat me, NORMAN_WILL_BE_UNLEASHED_2007.

Draft saved Draft deleted