1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 2 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 16, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Indiana's last 10 trips to the tourney have been coached by an aging legend who hasnt got out of the first round in 10 years and an overmatched, oversized egoist who's now finding ways to have his new mid-major lose.\

Different Indiana team, different result -- at least for this round.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I had Georgia Tech making a monster run and landing in the regional final. Stupid me.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

FH: Aren't there like 32 million VT alumni in Fairfax County alone? Someone told me that's why they go balls-out for the VT coverage.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

27/32, ninety-fifth percentile ;D and 15 of my Sweet 16 is still alive (damn you, Old Dominion!). Tied for second in my pool with a high school boys' hoop coach who's the leading scorer in his college's history, one game up on a former national women's college coach of the year. (No, we're not playing for money --- we named the Yahoo league in honor of a friend who died of cancer.)

Needless to say, I expect to go into the outhouse today and tomorrow. :D :'(

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was on the Davidson bandwagon, too, until I read that it was whining about its seed. That's one of my rules to follow - he who whines about seed gets whipped. Shut up and play. If you are whining about your seed, you are not thinking about your opponent.
    I'm getting my ass kicked in like six different pools. I don't know shit from shinola.
    But that axiom almost always holds true.
    When the field is set, shut up and get ready to play. They have never gone back and redone it so quit yer bitching and start studying tape.
    Davidson probably should have received a better seed. It didn't. Move on. Or, as is the case here, move out.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

This Curry has no stop light.

Anything from 28 feet....it's going up.

7. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Five higher seeds win, two non-No. 9's. Naturally, this was the year I picked all 8 No. 8's to win.

Only six games ended with a spread of six points or less. <blue>The need to blow up the tournament, reassess where they're at and get it back to where it's relevant and compelling again.</blue>

If 2much is to be believed (and I have no reason he's not), then "Picking The Favorites" is in the 95th percentile.

FH: That last paragraph your friend wrote was better than anything in Simmons' running Day 1 blog, and I like Simmons.

TSP: We should do that survivor pool on here next year. Sounds like fun.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Satch: I have Nevada in the Final Four (beating Tennessee in the regional final) and Vandy in the Sweet 16. So much for picking the favorites.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

USC 128, Texas 74. At least that's what I hope the score is. Wait, it's what the score will be.

Then, USC 99, North Cackalackee 88.

10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Tennessee just scored again.

Draft saved Draft deleted