1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 1 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

They should make today and tomorrow a national holiday.

2. agreed because I certainly don't feel like going to class or my tutoring job this afternoon. Just give us a four day weekend and lets rock and roll.

3. KP

KP Active Member

It's the most wonderful weekend of the year.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We need a lawmaker with some stones to try and make a national holiday happen. Anyone up for pushing some big-name hoops guy into a Congressional race?

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

For 16 teams, this thread will not end well.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm psyched.

Dr. J is making a big breakfast and we've got a fridge full of alcohol. No work till Friday @ 1 p.m.

PARTY!!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And we're off...

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I had all of the time off, but I opted to pick up two assignments and agreed to meet with my literacy council student. I'll record and watch later. But I'm glued to the couch for today's early games.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I had the unfortunate displeasure of hearing the start of Westwood One\'s coverage of the NCAA tournament. Unfortunate, because I heard that irritating announcer who introduces the coverage. You know, the one who sounds like a John Facenda wannabe.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Bil Bradley could have helped had he not opted for life as a private citizen.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Can we get some love for those of us who actually have to work and cover these things???

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are you at one of the arenas right now?

Draft saved Draft deleted