1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA crashing Ian Johnson's wedding(someone hold sportschick back)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 12, 2007.

1. celebrity wedding?

WTF

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You have no idea. The two have even been given a power couple name by some people who work in Boise (Chrissian). The paper's following the wedding step-by-step (not the sports department). Boise State is huge news there and Ian is a, well, a celebrity, for lack of a better term. The two of them have problems going out and not getting mobbed by people.

They may not be celebrities most places, but in Boise they definitely are.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Did they think to marry after college, so they could accept the gifts and money? Just asking.

4. sportschick

No clue, but I've always thought that she pushed him to get married earlier b/c she knew I'd steal him away :D

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.

6. horrifying

have to admit i never heard of 'em before i saw this thread

and i hope i never hear of 'em again

Chrissian?

what exactly makes them interesting to people in Boise?

7. sportschick

He plays football. He smiles a lot and he crochetes. She's a local girl who snagged the star football player. BSU football might have been the biggest story in town last year, esp. with the Fiesta Bowl win.

Plus there's not much else there.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Write then drink, you must have missed the Fiesta Bowl then.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Many college students usually get hitched while still in school, including athletes. If I can recall, a Wisconsin basketball player got married during college and was living off campus with the wife, also a student. They could get hand-me-downs if they can't get gifts.

But other than that, fuck you Myles Brand and your sweater-vested Ivy-leagued bespectled-nerdy thugs.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

In the end, does it really matter? Because in my opinion, Chris Myers ruined it all. :)

11. don't watch college football

bores the hell out of me

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that.

Draft saved Draft deleted