1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA baseball tournament thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, May 29, 2006.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

At the Clemson regional:

Bases loaded for State with no outs in the bottom of the sixth.
    And the Tigers ask for a break to change pitchers.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Hardluck 1-4-3 putout ends a mammoth inning by State
    It's now 5-4 Bulldogs as they head to the 7th.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It's after midnight and 8-6, in favor of Clemson as they head to the 9th :mad:

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Regionals have been good for the ACC (mostly):
    Miami, Georgia Tech, North Carolina all advance.
    Clemson, Florida State still playing
    N.C. State a bust (thanks Stanford)

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So in that regional, who beat? Evansville?

That should mean that FSU-Georgia winner on Monday hosts next weekend. I think.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Chickens and Aces play later today to determine region winner.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

I think even if the Yardbirds win, Georgia-FSU winner still gets a home series. Virginia was the one that could have hosted automatically in that bracket.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Georgia is a lock as a national seed. Chickens think they might have a shot if its them vs. Florida State. Of course, for that to happen, they'll need to avoid the 12-run inning.

9. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

Clemson wins. Now set to host Oral Robers (the tourney Cinderella) for a shot at Omaha. College of Charleston and Stanford also had excellent showings.

Big 12 struggling.

Missouri looking most impressive with do-or-die game at Pepperdine. Nebraska and Texas were national seeds and combined for a 1-4 mark at home. Oklahoma State was also a No. 1 seed and was knocked out. Oklahoma got a regional and lost the first game, but have battled back to face Wichita State tomorrow. Baylor needs two against Rice tomorrow. Kansas done.

If both the Tigers and Sooners lose, nobody makes to the Sweet 16.

Other big losers are Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas after home losses. Pepperdine and Georgia in same boat tomorrow.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

UGa looked very impressive today against Jacksonville University. :D

Also looked good against FSU, but come Monday methinks Mike Martin may make certain his team is better prepared.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

It's 12:20 a.m. here in the Pacific Time Zone and Fullerton is dismantling Raisin St. 10-3 in the bottom of the EIGHTH. Raisin St. coach Mike Batesole has already been tossed arguing a call, making him the luckiest person with any attachment to the Bulldogs.

WTF idea was it to start a game at 9:05 PT? Glad I'm not writing it. Did more than my share of these marathons covering the Cal League.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And that sucks. Now I'm forced to back Wichita State to carry the state.

Draft saved Draft deleted