1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA baseball tournament thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, May 29, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

True, but like you said, a lot of the SEC has the same thing. I just can't see how Smoke was fired. But I'm not close to the situation, so maybe I'm missing something.

2. Isn't it called a TOPS scholarship?

I think Smoke's problem was trying to fill the shoes of a legend (can't be done; examples abound). It couldn't help that Bertman didn't just retire and stay out of things. I think he's a good AD, but it probably didn't help Smoke (or the fans who might have shelved Bertman to the back of their minds).

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Wow. Luke Murton (Matt's brother) just made one of the best defensive plays I've seen all year at first base. He jumped up and fell back while getting a bouncer, turned around and from his ass threw it to the pitcher to get the runner by a half-step at first. It was awesome.

He's also big for a freshman. He looks bigger than Matt.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And its time for my annual rant.

These teams play all season to get to the tournament and to earn a decent seed. Then after the first day, all of that gets thrown out the window so the bottom seeds can have a turn being the "home" team. WTF?

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Just when I start to maybe ... MAYBE ... believe in the Chickens, they give up a fucking 12-spot in the third to Evansville.

Yuck.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Is there a Web site where I can get score updates from the UE-South Carolina game?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sportsline has an updating scoreboard and a link you can use to get CSTV's "real time" updates.
    It's about 100-3, Aces.

http://www.ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/scoreboard/div1/div1/20060604/120

You can click on the game tracker from there. It's actually 13-5 with a couple of guys on on the seventh.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Thanks, Moddy.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

You can go to CSTV.com and get live streaming video of a handful of games. Great stuff.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

SC lost, but will play again Monday. As for other SEC teams, the conference lost Kentucky, Arkansas and Vanderbilt in the competition earlier today.
    With now just five teams left playing, Mississippi State is trailing Clemson 4-1 in the bottom of the fourth.
    Ole Miss, Alabama and Georgia have all qualified for super regionals. Or is it Super Regionals?

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

uga isn't to the superregional yet

the had rain in athens, so they've got to play florida state tomorrow night

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Good catch

Draft saved Draft deleted