1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA baseball tournament thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, May 29, 2006.

1. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

Can you tell me who you like in the NBA Finals? :D

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Two games in June don't change the results an entire spring. They're taking advantage of the break they got from the Selection Committee.

Then again, maybe the Pac-10 wasn't as bad as everyone east of the Rockies made it out to be.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

only someone who lives in starkville would be happy to be in clemson

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I shook my head when I saw that one, too.

Now, on a personal note, I had always liked Oregon State. Never held anything against the Beavers -- until they whipped my Jayhawks 11-3 tonight. Dammit.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

From the Fullerton Regional.... University of San Diego 19, St. We're Just Glad to be Here Louis 12.

And my Titans just laid waste to Raisin Fresno St., via 12 strikeouts by Wes Roemer -- Fullerton's No. 2.

Fullerton's ace, Dustin Miller, awaits the survivor of the USD-Raisin St. game. A 9 p.m. PT start, which means nobody's making deadline.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Going into the third day at various regionals, the Southeastern Conference has seen none of its 8 teams eliminated. :p
    The best baseball conference in the nation?
    Perhaps.
    Alabama, Ole Miss and South Carolina all have first-game byes at the sites today.
    The other 5 teams play early games.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Co-champion Kentucky lost to Ball State in the first round. Co-champion Alabama needed a run in the bottom of the ninth to beat Troy 4-3 yesterday. Arkansas had to rally late to win. The same for Ole Miss two days in a row. The SEC has played fairly well but has hardly been dominant.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see two or three SEC teams in Omaha.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

ACC is 12-2, with five teams at 2-0 and two others still alive. Having five teams get home regionals helps.

Pac-10 is 6-2 with all four teams still alive, although three of the four are playing on the road. The two 2-0 teams are in the same bracket, however, and would meet in the SR if they both win their regionals.

If you get home games, you should win a disproportionate amount.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Kentucky, Vandy, Georgia and Mississippi State all winners today (MSU game not officially over yet).
    The SEC has all of its 8 entrants alive still.
    Really neat to watch. :-*

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Home hasn't helped Virginia. Last time I looked, the Cavaliers had six errors and were getting drilled by Evansville.

Lots of interest in Charlottesviille in an Evansville-South Carolina title game.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ci.

12. occasionally

occasionally Member

The biggest news out of the SEC in baseball this afternoon isn't these elimination games, but that Smoke Laval got fired (the school is saying resigned) at LSU. Who's next? Following Skip Bertman, with his five national titles and the absurdly high level of expectation in Baton Rouge, is probably not unlike those who have followed Bear Bryant and John Wooden.

Draft saved Draft deleted