1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA baseball regional, Columbia, S.C.

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by CharlieB, May 30, 2011.

1. CharlieB

CharlieB New Member

sports writer with 30 years daily experience available to string Columbia regional. Whatever you need: advance, gamers, sidebars, blogs, tweets etc.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

CharlieB rules.

He's quick, he's efficient, he knows how to play the ponies.

We've shared many a press box over the years, paid lots of dues, paid even more cover charges, and mostly, well, we just wanted to get paid.

We did. For a while.

Once upon a time, CharlieB was there when some cat named Farley Hill tried to pick a fight with me because I had the temerity to call out some racist fan baiting the opponent. We wound up .... um, well, never mind, but the punch line is ... oh, man, CharlieB, should I even tell this story ...

Probably not.

He knows how it ends though.

For me, in the pool. Or pool or a pond, it's all good for me.

CharlieB can knock out the copy. He can plain knock it out. He's my boy. If he needs an enforcer, he knows to call one Jesus_Muscatel.

A lot of us are scramblin' here, and if you need a guy to cover the Chickens, or whoever else is in there regional --- I done lost my notes, CharlieB, sorry, give the man a call!

You won't be sorry ...

You won't be recitin' that Nick Nolte line from the immortal "48 Hours," ... .you know:

"I'm already sorry ..."

Tell him Farley Hill sent ya. With Jesus_Muscatel fixin' to bust some heads on account of the fact that he wanted to dismiss the First Amendment ...

CharlieB rules, did I mention that ....

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Amen, amigo.

4. Jim Mashek

Jim Mashek New Member

I always admired Charlie's tenacity.

And Johnny's brevity.

Two cool cats, to be sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted