1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA APR question for a story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jim Tom Pinch, May 6, 2008.

1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Was anyone else on the NCAA teleconference yesterday? If so, did you hear the third reporter asking about Ohio State? Talk about a homer...the guy sounded like he was about to burst into tears.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? And yes, I'm aware of my username.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Saw a story about Ohio State in which the Buckeyes were complaining that since they are on quarters, they are at a disadvantage.

From my viewpoint, the quarter system allows the OSU NBA prospects to stay through winter quarter, possibly register for spring quarter but not actually take classes once the season ends. AS long as they leave eligible (and turn pro), they wouldn't cost the school a point.

If they were on semesters, they would reach the NCAAs (or the NIT in the case of this season) and still have six weeks of school to go. Their NBA guys would have to stick around until the end of the semester because they would have missed the deadline to drop classes without a penalty ad have to take an F for any class they bailed on.

Draft saved Draft deleted