1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA 14 Xbox Online Dynasty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Just got back to my apartment. Whenever you're ready, Jake.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I can't pay with real money until the blog makes it big. But your clips will get the exposure they deserve.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

No. 17 TCU 28, PSU 17

Great game, Rumple. I will post a box and some thoughts shortly.

4. Hank_Scorpio

So just me and amraeder to play it looks like. I believe we are still set for around 10 Eastern/9 Central.

If that goes off and everyone did their recruiting, I'll hit advance after the game.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Fair play to you, sir.

I caught a case of the Meats and threw a critical INT as I drove for a go-ahead touchdown.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yep. Should still be good to go

7. JakeandElwood

No. 17 TCU 28, PSU 17

TCU 7 14 0 7 -28
    PSU 0 17 0 0 -17
    First Quarter
    TCU - Story 20 p. from Boykin (kick good), 3:40
    Second Quarter
    PSU - Ficken 51 FG, 4:26
    TCU - Bryant 31 p. from Pachal (kick good), 3:22
    PSU - Belton 8 p. from Hackenberg (kick good), 2:31
    TCU - Green 2 run (kick good), 0:59
    PSU - Zwinak 5 run (kick good), 0:39
    Fourth Quarter
    TCU - Green 24 run (kick good), 1:22
    INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
    PASSING - TCU: Pachall 9-13-0-146 (1TD), Boykin 1-2-0-20 (1TD), PSU: Hackenberg 16-23-2-219 (1TD).
    RUSHING - TCU: Green 6-47 (2TD), Pachal 3-30, James 1-9, Boykin 1-7, PSU: Zwinak 8-19, Belton 3-13, Hackenberg 2-5.
    RECEIVING - TCU: Carter 3-55, Story 2-41 (1 TD), Green 4-39, Bryant 1-31 (1TD), PSU: Zwinak 8-92, Robinson 1-60, Lehman 3-34, Moseby Felder 2-22, Belton 1-8 (1TD), Lynch 1-3.
    Total Yardage - TCU: 376, PSU 256.

The one stat not shown there that is a huge part of the story is Time of Posession - TCU 7:09, PSU 12:51. And it was only that close because I was running clock in the fourth quarter and a little at the end of the first half too. Rumple really controlled the clock which was frustrating (he got the opening kick of the second half, and I didn't get the ball until I picked him off on my side of the field 6:30 later!), but I did enough with my limited opportunities with the ball to win. I was able to make him really slowly grind it out except for a couple of deep passes there in the second quarter.

I will be RTA soon. Oh, and I hope I did that box respectably ... it's been a while.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of it as the Delhommes, but I will cede the point.

9. amraeder

Ohio 28, WSU 7
    A good game from Hank.

A full box to follow, but my quick thought was that I definitely got some luck. For two evenly matched teams, Hank had a ton of drops - three by his best WR and 4-5 that were sure first downs if his guys held on - I had none. My RB was breaking a lot of tackles. My QB broke a tackle on what would have been a devastating 10-yard sack then ran for a 20-yard gain.

10. amraeder

Ohio (1-0) 28, WSU (0-1) 7
    Ohio 7 7 7 7 - 28
    WSU 0 7 0 0 - 0
    First Quarter
    Ohio - L Smith 22 pass from T Tettleton (kick good) 3:14
    Second Quarter
    Ohio - B Blankenship 9 pass from Tettleton (kick good) 4:36
    WSU - C Madison 6 pass from C Halliday (kick good) 0:02
    Third Quarter
    Ohio - T Tettleton 5 run (kick good) 1:51
    Fourth Quarter
    Ohio - B Blankenship 42 run (kick good)

Individual Stats
    PASSING - Ohio: Tettleton 15-17-1-199 2TD; WSU Halliday 8-24-2-116 1TD
    RUSHING - Ohio: Blankenship 14-124 1TD, Tettleton 8-26, T. Knight 2-12; WSU: Caldwell 4-17, Halliday 1-2.
    RECEIVING - Ohio: A. Talbert 5-77, D. Foster 3-42, Blankenship 2-26 1TD, M Waters 2-19, Smith 2-29 1TD, C. Cochran 1-6; WSU: V. Mayle 3-59, G. Marks 2-36, Madison 1-6 1TD, B. Bartolone 1-18, L Brooks 1-(-3).
    Total Yards - Ohio 392, WSU 193.

The box gives 5 total drops to WSU. Three of them by Washington State's No. 1 receiver, D. Williams, who finished with no catches.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Yea, it was quite tough to control both Tettleton (QB) and Blankenship (RB). Didn't your QB break another tackle around the five yard line and proceed to score? Or was that Blankenship?

Good game though. Well played. Ohio is a pretty good team. Now I have to get ready for USC. Goes from bad to worse.

Anyway, we have advanced to week 2.

Two user games:
    Ohio vs. Penn State
    TCU vs. San Diego State.

12. JakeandElwood

Matt could you do late Wednesday or Thursday morning?

Draft saved Draft deleted