1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA 14 Xbox Online Dynasty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 18, 2013.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Ohio's in. Recruiting board set up. Didn't see anywhere that I could set up my schedule. How's that work in online dynasty?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Hank will take care of that.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm usually OLB or MLB. If not one of them, I'll start as a DE then switch as needed.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hank, do you mind letting us know our OOC games?

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I usually play as the RE, sometimes the LE. Like some others have said, I don't know if I am great on defense. Although I remember one of the past leagues, Jake did struggle somewhat to score against me until the WR (Benn?) got loose. (Was that Michigan vs. Illinois?)

This year, I seem to struggle stopping the pass. I've had some success at controlling the run. On offense, I sometimes struggle running the ball. I'm playing as Eastern Michigan, which has a decent RB, but I still struggle. Sometimes I'll try to run right and the defensive RE tackles me from behind for a 2-3 yard gain.

It definitely sounds as if we all struggle at some aspect of the game, so it should be pretty even.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yes, I recall us playing a low scoring game that I won by maybe a TD, if that. I am horrendous against the pass so far against the CPU. And I mean horrendous. I've always (like most people) won because of offense, but this has just been absurd. And one of the reasons I liked TCU was the strength of its secondary relative to most of the other teams I was checking out ...

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hasn't been done yet. I'm hoping to get on tonight for a little bit. It's been a long week, so hopefully I make it up for a bit. I at least have to make it online to get an invite to Matt Stephens, so he can get his team set up.

As far as schedules:
    I can't touch conference games, so that's locked.
    The goal is to have at least one home and one away user vs. user game for each person. We'll try to keep the number of user vs. user games even for every team (probably 2-3 per team).
    I am going to try to keep non-conference traditional rivalries for each team intact (something like Washington State vs. Idaho, etc.)
    I'm also going to try to keep a FCS school for each team. That lets a user get an easier win and work on some different plays or styles.

I'm also going to try to match up user games with teams that are closer to each other in ratings. Obviously because of conference skeds, it can be tricky matching up teams.

Any schedule discussion is welcomed and encouraged.

I figure I'll be online between 10-11 EDT tonight for a bit.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Just went and looked up ratings for each team.

Team OVR OFF DEF
    Penn State 84 86 85
    TCU 84 86 85
    E. Carolina 84 84 85
    SDSU 84 84 83
    Ohio 79 83 76
    Wash St 81 83 80

So it looks like this could be a good first round:
    Penn State vs. TCU,
    E. Carolina vs. SDSU,
    Ohio vs. Washington State

Maybe go regional with the second game
    West: Wash State vs. SDSU
    Midwest: Ohio vs. Penn State
    South: TCU vs. ECU

Obviously this is not official and very preliminary and is based only on ratings. Not sure if it will be able to work in the skeds or not.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I just bought a 12-month code, but I'm waiting for them to e-mail it to me. Once they do, I'll do my preseason stuff.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

And right as I hit the post button, I get my code. Will be RTA late tonight or early Saturday afternoon.

11. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I'll get everything finished in the morning.

Les do itttt

12. Hank_Scorpio

I fell asleep before I could send the invite last night. Just sent it out this morning.

I'm going to work on the skeds today/tonight and hopefully hit advance (as long as everyone is ready).

Most teams only have 3-4 movable dates that aren't locked, so scheduling may be a little tougher. But we'll see how it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted