1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA 14 Xbox Online Dynasty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Starting a new thread, so we don't clog up the video game thread with the back and forth banter of the league.

Here's a list of teams. All invites have been sent out, except Matt Stephens. That will be sent Friday afternoon unless he can get in the other way with the password.

Get your preseason stuff (recruiting, red shirts, depth chart) done and we should be ready to play mid to late weekend.

We'll try to advance every 2-4 days depending how many user vs. user games we have that week.

XBOX NCAA 14 ONLINE DYNASTY
    NAME POSSIBLE TEAMS

Hank Scorpio -- Washington State
    Amraeder -- Ohio
    Matt Stephens -- SDSU
    Mystery Meat -- East Carolina, West Virginia
    Jake and Elwood -- TCU
    Rumpleforeskin -- Penn State

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Excited to get this started.

Really not sure about this new recruiting system, but we'll see. And tackling is a lot tougher than I thought.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

In and RTA. Looking forward to this.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

How is everyone doing in offline games? I'm still shaking off a ton of rust, having sat out the last two years, and I'm struggling to beat sub-75 teams at home with East Carolina (which I guess is my choice). I wonder if I'm ready for this yet, or if I should hold off and try to get better and join the dynasty in the second season maybe?

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't know that you're doing any better or worse than me, MM. I'm playing with UTSA offline, because, well, c'mon, Roadrunners. But, anyway, I can only beat really bad teams (c-, or c). I've lost to Vandy (B- and the best team I've played so far) and Marshall (C+ maybe?) and I got frusterated and quit last time I tried playing vs. Tulsa (C+)

6. Mystery Meat II

As ECU, I beat Rice and Ohio with late fourth-quarter drives and eventually pulled away from South Alabama. I tried Arizona State and won a high-scoring game against Troy, I think. West Virginia was outgained nearly 3-1 by Eastern Michigan and they still barely won because of three KO return TDs, bringing to mind the glories of my last season of 09. Cincinnati won a boring low-scoring game with one of the F_U schools, I forget which one, and I gave up on Rutgers-Central Michigan after my fourth INT of the first half. It's not instilling me with a lot of confidence, at any rate.

7. amraeder

My biggest shame was my loss to Marshall. I threw 5 INTs. Ended up losing like 53-47 when my 5th INT was returned for a TD in double-OT. Vandy and Tulsa - I just can't figure out how to stop these guys. If I have one bad drive (someone fumbles, I throw an INT, WR drops a pass at the wrong time), I have no shot b/c I can't figure out how to stop them. They just rip my line a new asshole running the ball, and my DBs can't cover them. I mean, probably accurate since I'm playing as UTSA. But still....

8. Mystery Meat II

See, that's just it. I'm playing as teams in the 81-85 range against teams in the 65-75 range and barely holding on or in a couple of cases losing/ragequitting. Playing evenly-matched teams is still a bit of distance for me, much less teams in the 90s, and far far less human teams. Right now I'm still relying on Ask Coach, particularly on defense where I just switch to a defensive tackle and pray I don't fuck it up for everyone else.

9. amraeder

I would be curious who people play with on defense. I usually do MLB.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Just keep grinding, Meat. You'll be fine ... I am just horrendous on defense so I've played nothing but close games so far ...

11. Rumpleforeskin

FS or DT. I'd rather let my linebackers do their own thing, then switch to them when necessary.

Is anybody else having trouble with tackling or am I just doing something wrong?

12. Rumpleforeskin

Stay in. Only way you can get better is to play more. This dynasty will help you there.

Draft saved Draft deleted