1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NC: OSU -7.5 over Florida. Your pick?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 8, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They'll get too many yellow cards.

2. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Florida 45-38 in OT.
    Replay on ESPNClassic by Wednesday.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I ask an honest question, and get an "ftarded" response. Nice.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You forfeited the chance for a reasoned response some time ago.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well that's good. Lecture me on my lack of knowledge, and then offer nothing when I ask for some of yours.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

To beat Ohio State, I think a team has to limit possessions. I don't see Florida sustaining 10-11 play drives and chewing clock. Nor, if Florida gets behind, do I see the Gators have the patience to play for a shot at winning in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter. I think it'll be the kind of game where a couple three-and-outs put Florida in a 10-14 point hole.

I will say this: Troy Smith has a bad game - just a total utter collapse - in him. Florida would be wise to jump routes, try to force turnovers, blitz like mad...anything to make sure those receivers - which is one of the best corps I've ever seen - get enough time to get open.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Ohio State by 14.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Florida 34
    Ohio St. 27

C. Leak---19-31, 302 yds. 3 TD
    T. Smith--12-20, 219 yds. 1 TD

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I see your point, and agree with Florida having difficulty in sustaining drives. When they do strike, it's usually by tearing off large amounts of yardage. If Wynn is back to full health, as is being reported, it should help, but they will need to keep their defense off the field as long as possible so they can use their speed in bursts. If OSU has 33 minutes of possesion in this game, it will be very hard for the Gators to hold them off.

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Is the Florida defense better than the Michigan defense? No.
    Can Florida run the football? No.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see a close game at the half ... and then to see OSU explode in second half and win by 2-3 touchdowns.

key bowl scores of note:
    Wisconsin 17, Arkansas 14
    Penn State 20, Tennessee 10

The Big 10, as much as it got kicked around this season for being 2-3 deep and then having jack shit to back it up, beat two pretty good SEC teams. While I don't put TONS of stock in bowl games (witness the Big East bowl dominance), if the Big 10 goes 3-0 over the SEC ....

11. jmanau

jmanau New Member

If you're looking for "true" expert analysis on the BCS game....here is an article
    by shoothshayer Lou Holtz.....not really

http://www.rivalrazz.com/blog/default.asp?style=0

I say UF 31 OSU 24.....people really don't understand the SEC.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I will take Florida and the points, mainly because five or the last six underdogs in the BCS title game have won outright. NEITHER team has any experience with the rock-star atmosphere they will see tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted