1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NC: OSU -7.5 over Florida. Your pick?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 8, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

By the way, I never expected you to take this seriously. My bad. I suck at one-liners, unlike you.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Pele might be good at one-liners.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He certainly was, if the reports from Studio 54 are to be believed.....

By the way since we need more than one example

R. Grossman 12/3 vs. Minnesota: 6-19, 34 yards, 3 int, 4-(minus 9) rushing, 1.3 rating. Bears win 23-13.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And another one:

P. Rivers vs. Kansas City: 12/17 8-23, 97 yards, 2 int, 12.3 rating. Chargers win 20-9.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You're undercutting your own argument. B. Johnson was equally horrible. I think he had 4 turnovers on his own; one of them was a fumble. All 3 Vikings QBs ended up playing in that game.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Same as above; T. Green was bad in that game. I don't recall the stats.

So what you seem to be saying: If Florida's offense is as inept as the other SEC offenses have been, it won't matter if T. Smith has a bad game.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because you want more examples, check the winning quarterback in last year's Super Bowl ... 9 for 21, 123 yards, two picks, 22.6 rating that game. And the Seahawks only scored 10 points, despite the help, Steelers win.

Poor quarterback performances don't always mean that the other team will score a ton of points.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You said unequivocally that if a quarterback has a bad game, "the other team can score a lot more points".

Simply pointing out that it isn't always that cut and dried, as you yourself then pointed out, since the other QB was worse. Oz gave you an example of a quarterback playing poorly and winning, and you asked for others since it was a "solitary, unrelated example." I provided two more games in the last 36 days where quarterback played awfully, and yet won the game.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, I'm saying that this game is about a lot more than the performance's of Troy Smith, Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. Sure, they'll have an impact, but to say that it always comes down the the play of the quarterbacks is absurd.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on Oz, that is a terrible example because the refs had like a 123 QB rating for the Steelers.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just sticking with lousy quarterback performances, nothing more.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

DAMNIT!!! I wanted to start the threadjack!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted