1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's 'The Firm'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Jan 9, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Enjoy while you can. This show finished eighth in its time slot. Among the networks to beat it: Univision.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Tricia Helfer vastly underrated. The cable show she was on with Dylan McDermott, watched at least five more episodes than should have, simply because of her.

3. She had a good turn as a baddie in USA's Burn Notice a couple seasons ago. This role is a carbon copy, and she's equally convincing.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Surprised how good Juliette Lewis looks. I like the show.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I catch the episodes on demand if I am sitting around with an hour to kill.

IMO they're trying to juggle too many subplots at the same time. The original movie had fewer subplots hanging fire simultaneously.

I've read from several sources that 22 episodes are already in the can, so my bet is they'll probably ride it out into (and maybe through) the summer.

I could see maybe them shuffling it off onto USA Network, where ratings expectations are lower.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I agree with whoever said Josh Lucas is not strong enough of an actor to carry the show.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Goodbye, The Firm. We hardly knew ye.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/03/nbc-the-firm-with-awake/

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Watched Thursday's episode with my wife. Some terrible work by Lucas.

Like the Ray McDeere/Tammy side characters. They should have done a show about them.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

well, if they have paid to make 22 episodes (although whether that is actually true I dunno), they will eventually burn off all 22 episodes. Maybe at 2:30 Tuesday mornings, but they'll burn 'em off.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Story says the rest of the episodes will run 9 p.m. Saturdays. Oddly enough, The Firm: The Movie was just on Spike (I think)

11. Next episode of The Firm airs at 9 p.m. Saturday, if my DirecTV listings can be believed. Makes it an easy DVR pickup to watch between basketball games.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, NBC puts on "Awake" in "The Firm" time slot. The show with the most exciting premise of any this season IMHO and NBC is going to throw it to the wolves. Fuck NBC. Buncha 5-year olds running that network.

Draft saved Draft deleted