1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's The Cape

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 9, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're super smart, apeman!

2. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Gosh, did that suck. I give it two more episodes before it's either canceled or moved to SyFy.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

SyFy's standards are too high for that crap. Leave the shitty comic book/science fiction stuff for NBC.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Now I know the reason NBC was hyping the crap out of this the past two weeeks....The show was crap. I likened it to a poor-man's made for tv version of Christian Bale's Batman movie.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

No, my roommate is. He also got me turned on to Fringe and I bought season 1 a while ago so I could watch it from the beginning. He seems to be spot on about this stuff.

Doesn't it always seem that way (Superhype = Supercrap)? The poster child for that is "Emily's Reasons Why Not." Hyped all football season long ... canceled after one episode. I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled during it's airing and only aired on the west coast because not doing so would have left a half-hour hole for the affiliates to scramble to fill.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Blue font?

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I watched all of season one of Fringe. But when they changed it from the Friday slot, I lost interest because I never caught it during the week.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Compared to NBC? Not really.

Exhibit A: Battlestar Galactica

9. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

I brought up SyFy because they were re-running the premiere later this week.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I usually love the superhero/comic book/fantasy stuff, but I had a strong feeling this was going to suck. Come one, the dude's supposed to be a badass because of a cape? Really? Lame premise to build off. Everything else about the show would've had to been great to pull it off, and after the disaster that Heroes became, I had little hope the Cape would work.

Draft saved Draft deleted