1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's new problem: No midseason inventory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 4, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/03/AR2008120303862.html

Since their new midseason replacement dramas aren't ready to go, they're going to give us extended versions of Dateline NBC and Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday after football season.

Just fuckin' wonderful, that.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe an opening for STUDIO 60?!?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

And you're putting Deal or No Deal on hiatus for this. God, NBC, this is pathetic. I know DoND isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'll take an hour game show on Sundays over two hours of "you're fired".

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Karma for treating Scrubs like medical waste.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving network.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watch a ton of TV. I don't think I watch anything on NBC.

I download 30 Rock every week since it's on opposite Grey's and CSI, which we both Tivo.

I was watching the Christian Slater show, but the bastards canceled it.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Life is a good show. Other than that, NBC could fall down a bottomless pit.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I watch four prime time shows on NBC, which include my three favorite shows -- Chuck, 30 Rock, The Office and Earl

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And lest we forget, they exiled Criminal Intent to USA.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've never understood Zucker's rise at NBC. Every rung he goes higher, the network's ratings sink a little lower. They haven't produced a top-10 scripted show in a good 10 years. I guess they were really counting on Rosie Live! Would have been a great lead-in to the Trump show as well as interesting scheduling. They already rushed Law and Order on the air after their Wednesday night programming collapsed. They'll bring on Friday Night Lights and give the fatties another run on Tuesdays.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

So let me see if I have this straight: NBC, the network with no midseason inventory, passed on the USA version of Top Gear which it ordered.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/11/nbc-passes-on-top-gear-usa-show-going-to-cable/

The Stig laughs at NBC. You can't see it because he won't take his helmet off, but trust me --- The Stig laughs at this.

Draft saved Draft deleted