1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's Green Week: Annoying? Or Orwellian?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whatever good that is being done by NBC is being offset by the other divisions of GE that are probably responsbile for 10% of the worlds co2 gases.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I thought Gore was pretty good. Just like on Futurama, he doesn't seem to mind making fun of himself.

Plus, I wonder what kind of write-offs, if any, GE gets from all this stuff. Can they count all these episodes as public service announcements?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

annoying because they had the most annoying person in showbiz on 30 rock. god i hate that sniveling bastard.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

That environmentally conscious subplot with Janitor on Scrubs was absolutely brutal.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, but it seemed as if it was intentionally bad...as if Bill Lawrence and Co. were mocking the whole idea.

Or I'm just so blindly devoted to Scrubs that I think the best of the show no matter what.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Seemed like 30 Rock was also mocking it. And they did a great job of it.

7. Boom_70

I wonder if all the GE and NBC suits are flying commercial this week.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Or riding bikes to work or taking the subway in lieu of chauffered limousines.

This was bad from the beginning and then NBC went too far.

9. They should all be living in hollowed out logs! [colbert]

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Sounds to me like this was done as a way to take the heat off when the writer's strike started.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My Name is Earl had the best take on it, with Craig T. Nelson ridiculously ordering Earl's "Scared Straight" group include a "green" message, even though Earl protests it would just be wedging in something unrelated, "because I'm the boss and I say you have to!" Later, the prisoners come skipping out of an elementary school in triumph, one saying, "I heard one kid say he would never stab anybody or eat Chilean sea bass!"

12. Boom_70

Most of shows seem to be mocking it. It started with studio hosts making fun of whole idea on Football Night in America. Maybe the whole thing is really satire and NBC is mocking the global warming movement. It's another FU to Al Gore from the peacock network.

Draft saved Draft deleted