1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's Green Week: Annoying? Or Orwellian?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 8, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course, Linda Cardellini is wearing a form-fitting green tank top.

I like green.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

hey, nbc is going to have a byh week, because he's the last person in america still watching er

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I honestly didn't think they still made new episodes. Of course, I never once watched the old ones, so maybe I'm not in the right demographic.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Suck it Hoops! My wife is watching it and I'm just waiting for it to end so I can watch Scrubs.

And if NBC has BYH Week, Elliotte will decide clothing is optional.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unfortunately, it's not your week, fine sir.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I still watch ER. I figure that I've watched it long enough, so I'm in it until the miserable slow death of an end. It's been a little better this season than in the past few years.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're still burning fossil fuels, though, just in another form.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My favorite part was the segment of Heroes where they showed the actor who plays Sylar and the actor who plays the kid who controls TVs planting a small tree in a large flower pot.

Plant a small tree, save the world.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, not me personally. But yeah. I wouldn't get the car for the environmental reasons as much as I would for the smooth ride and better gas mileage. I'll pick up the trash along the sidewalk, but I'm not going to purchase a vehicle to try and help save the earth.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Take a look at NBC's schedule and more than half of it is post-consumer (recycled) content from foreign ripoffs of Deal or No Deal and The Office to remakes of The Bionic Woman and Quantum Leaf, I mean Journeyman. They are getting a lot of mileage out of not a lot of originality. Who else could package promos for a Jerry Seinfeld animated movie into "content?" Read the Esquire article on their new programming chief Ben Silverman, he doesn't come off very well.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

but still, my favorite series are on nbc... my can't miss shows -- heroes, the office, 30 rock, friday night lights

12. I think it's annoying AND Orwellian.

Draft saved Draft deleted