1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's Community on hiatus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NickMordo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Both of those were because of pregnancies (Poehler and Fey).

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You're nearly right. What Dan Harmon strains to do, and has admitted, is get Alison Brie into low-cut shirts and get the girls bouncing. He recently said he does that with Internet animated GIF makers in mind. My point is that Dan Harmon is a great American.

3. Didn't Taxi have a hiatus as they switched networks?

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

OMGZ. Glover is Childish Gambino? I thought I knew it all and then this happened...

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Coincidentally, they both had zero ratings. Other shows have managed to shoot around pregnancies.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A little easier since they're animated shows, but Family Guy and Futurama were both canceled for several years before returning.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Community is my favorite television show airing right now. It's one of my favorite television shows ever. I don't think I'm better than you for thinking that, but I get that other fans do. I get that they motivate these kinds of reactionary thoughts anytime anyone brings up Community. Still, I don't get why you would say this. Community's fans feel the same way about the show that Arrested Development's fans felt.

They're not for everyone. If you're not in that "everyone" category, that just means you can enjoy shows that aren't on the brink of cancellation. I'm happy for you. But I'm going to really miss Community.

I, like Bristol Whipped, didn't like Arrested Development. Almost all of my friends love it. Many people who like Community loved Arrested Development first. Taste is a matter of opinion. I find David Cross to be obnoxious, but I get that many people love him. You might find Danny Pudi to be obtuse, but I never stop laughing at anything he does, even when he doesn't do much of anything.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I love them both, it's not about not "getting" one or the other.

Community's obsession with "meta" is clever and refreshing, but Arrested Development's humor was many layers deeper than anything television had ever seen. If every episode was the original Paintball episode, then Community would belong in the same tier.

That's not a knock on Community, which certainly has a case for the best comedy on TV right now. Arrested Development just belongs in the pantheon.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

His comedy special is on Comedy Central this weekend.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Last night was one of the times they hit it out of the park.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I enjoyed it highly. I didn't expect it to air because of the talk of it getting pulled, so I was a little caught by surprise. The dean's biggest episode.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bumping for this two-day-old news I just saw. Yay!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/community-nbc-sets-midsea_n_1291728.html

Draft saved Draft deleted