1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's Community on hiatus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NickMordo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

And I don't expect the show to return. Stupid, stupid NBC. The show was too smart for its own good. No wonder NBC is in last place every year nowadays.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

DAMMIT. I love this show.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Unreal. Un-freaking-real.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Meanwhile, Whitney continues to air.

Fuck the American people and fuck NBC.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And fuck Whitney Cummings, whom I have NEVER found funny.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Whitney is magnitudes cheaper to produce.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Canned laughs will do that. Glad they dumped Whitney to Wednesday and moved Up All Night to Thursday, now I will never have to see that crap factory again to catch the very end of The Office.

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

One of the best comedies on TV. Just sad.

9. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I wonder if a cable channel will pick it up, or it might get a deal like 'Scrubs' got with ABC. It can't be that expensive to produce, and it's got critical love and some hard-core fans.

That's wishful thinking, though. Very awesome little show. I'd be bummed if it was scrapped with so little ceremony.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Reminds me of Arrested Development in a way; too smart for its own good. All the while shows like Two and a Half Men draw tens of millions of viewers. What the hell is wrong with people?

And the show has not been officially canceled, persay, but both Community and Prime Suspect have been "benched." The return of 30 Rock will eliminate Community, and I assume this new show, "Rock Center," will be what is knocking out Prime Suspect -- http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/community-pulled-from-nbc-midseason-schedule-up-all-night-and-whitney-swap-timeslots/2011/11/14/gIQAg2m9LN_blog.html

Stupid stupid. I hate 30 Rock but love Community.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe Chevy Chase is on the board of Second Mile.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I like the show, but it seems to get off on being inaccessible.

Draft saved Draft deleted