1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's "Awake"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 9, 2012.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I was really enjoying this show. It's the only new show I'm still watching.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The showrunner said on Twitter the other day that he didn't have any interest in taking it elsewhere. Which I suppose means it was too expensive to take elsewhere.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Too bad. I'm a fan of Jason Isaacs. Loved the guy since "The Patriot."

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

This isn't the kind of concept you can continue indefinitely. But I really want a series wrapup. Not having that, and I'm assuming we won't, will bother me no end.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was why I dropped off from watching it (and Alcatraz, for that matter). I just figured they weren't going to do well enough to let the story play out and I stopped making the time for shows that I knew I wasn't going get to see end.

It's too bad. I thought Awake was incredibly well done and interesting. Glad I didn't waste my time, though. If they do give it a finale and wrap up the story, I'll rent it on Netflix and watch it.

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I really liked this show too. And it felt like a show that had a long-term plan. I would love to hear the creator talk about where he was planning on taking it i the coming seasons, although I suppose doing that would kill off for good the possibility of it continuing on another network.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great Finale. Won't spoil it, but I do wonder if they shot an alternate ending not knowing whether they would be back or not.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Agree. Damn I am going to miss this show.

9. DanOregon

According to what I read on EW.com today, the show ended exactly how they planned to end the season on Day 1. And NBC wanted to know where the show would go in Season 2 before they made their final decision.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

That's an interesting question ... where WOULD they go with it?

11. DanOregon

Was the kid's girlfriend pregnant in the world where the kid was alive? I figure she must have been, but I don't know if they ever addressed it.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Rex told his Dad about the pregnancy. That's how he knew about it in his wife's world.

Draft saved Draft deleted