1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC trades fatties for hotties for news background

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by imjustagirl, Jun 19, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome work, NBC. Sorry, fat, old employees...you can work off-camera.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06192009/gossip/pagesix/fatties_bad_news_at_nbc_174953.htm

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When will you old fatties learn? TV networks don't want you on camera.

Unless you are Charles Barkley.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I saw this this morning.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about television journalism, nothing will.

I want to know how the conversation went down. "Hey fatty, we ned you to move over to this cubicle tonight so that our hottie intern can sit in your seat."

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:)

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Intern: "Please don't make me sit in his seat. The springs on this office chair are busted and there are fried chicken crumbs all over the desk."

6. ringer

ringer Active Member

That's ironic. Isn't NBC the network that airs "The Biggest Loser?"

IMO, they should put as many fatties as they can possibly fit in the background and consider it a free promo.

7. thesnowman

thesnowman Member

Are we supposed to be surprised?

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Come on, NBC. Don't go halfway. Take that next step. Put them back there in swimsuits. Better yet, completely nude.

NBC News. You know you want it.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

In my local market, the FOX affiliate has pushed out two long-term journalists in exchange for younger anchors. Oh, yeah, its a Tribune station. One of the girls has no business being on camera, but daddy is apparently a BFF of one of the Trib chairman

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only "news background" most of the lot has consists of the local daily and a set of scissors.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gee, the New York Post trashing NBC, color me surprised. The same column trashed Luke Russert, but doesn't seem to have a problem with Doocey's kid joining Fox News.

Draft saved Draft deleted