1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC to send Conan packing? WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 19, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Hence, why I laugh uncontrollably at Harvey Corman breaking up on stage at Tim Conway, or Conan making a fool of himself after a bad skit ... post-modernism. It's a laugh riot!

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I dunno. "Crank Yankers" puppets have more credibility than most of the tv people in my market.

3. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I think there is a big difference between "bravery" and being chock full of so much religious fervor you lose touch with all your humanity. Maher's only got himself to blame for not being capable of telling the difference. Of course, I don't think he's funny, maybe I'm biased.

And I wouldn't call what most of our guys in Afghanistan were doing milk and cookies. I had a friend of mine who was over there as a translator. Walking down a street can be a life or death experience. Most of those terrorists wouldn't and couldn't pull an injured buddy out of a firefight or make a charge into some rathole with gunfire coming out. I find the comparison itself particularly sickening.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That's a sad story, but there was a sadder one in my town.

The local post office here asked the town to check on a certain house because the letter carrier complained that he couldn't get the mail to go through the door slot. The police forced the front door and found a pile of mail several feet high blocking the slot. When they checked the rest of the house, they found the resident in a back bedroom, partly mummified. He'd been dead for months, a recluse with no family who was rarely seen outside.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

goal, did you maybe mean this last post for another thread?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the guy in the house was Arsenio Hall.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I have no problem with Leno.....

I have no problem with Letterman or Conan, either. I prefer Leno, though.

Can't stand Kimmel.

But one guy not mentioned here was Craig Ferguson (The Late Late Show/CBS) opposite Conan. He *is* funny with the right material.

Not fond of Stewart. Don't get me started on how tiresome Colbert is. We already have a laughable pompous self-important act out there -- his name is Bill O'Reilly ("Caution: You are about to be bored by my pompousity if you stay in the no-spin zone").

Uh, Bill....This whole bit of your show is spin!!!

Colbert needs to look for new schtick You know...something funny.

I Like Maher.

But if NBC does to Conan what happened to Letterman, they ought to give up programming late night after Leno has already announced that A) he would leave in '09 and B) That after Leno leaves, Conan *has* the "Tonight" job.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nah. Chevy Chase.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Carson Daly = Worst ever?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Did someone say Carson Daly?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I really don't think Leno's awful; Headlines is the best bit in late night. He has gotten better as an interviewer (tho far from perfect), and a reduction in the staged bits has helped. He looks more comfy in the 11:30 than Letterman does.

Draft saved Draft deleted