1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC to air poker every night but Sunday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6380227.html?title=Article&spacedesc=news

NBC is continuing to bet on the poker craze; the network will launch Poker After Dark on weekdays Monday-Friday at 2:05 a.m. beginning Jan. 2. NBC will also air a Saturday night recap show at 1 a.m. after Saturday Night Live.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

No
    Body
    Cares

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At this point, poker is being shown on some network 24/7/365. But thanks to Congress, you can't play it via the Internet.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just like NBC to get on a craze after it's already peaked.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

We're talking 2am here. The competition is essentially test patterns, Girls Gone Wild commercials or Sleepnumber bed informercials. And maybe Chuclk Norris' exercise machine.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Can't flip past E!, Comedy Central or FX in the middle of the night without seeing those commercials.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

And I think the latter will impact the former pretty quickly, if it holds up.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Poker on TV ... cure for insomnia.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yeah, unless Shawna Hiatt is nude and sprawled across the table, why not revert back to the newscasts they used to air? I'd bet that costs less to produce than a poker show.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I'd poke her after dark.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I would go all-in on her flop.

Draft saved Draft deleted