1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Setting Olympics Ratings Records (30% above network expectations)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 29, 2012.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Actually, the NFL is very much concerned right now that TV broadcasts of their games are cutting into their stadium attendance and the live gate.

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424052702303561504577495083707417526.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826606fa/article/goodell-expresses-concern-for-stadium-attendance-in-interview

Just sayin'.

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

London 2012

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The reason team owners' concerns might actually be valid this time — and they absolutely were not in the past — is because for the first time the television game experience is in many ways superior to the in-person game experience.

Big-screen TVs, High-definition viewing, instant replays from a dozen cameras, DVR, Sunday Ticket (or Extra Innings), and many more gadgets that never existed even 15 years ago.

Plus, not having to deal with high ticket prices, high concession prices, belligerent drunks, traffic, parking, etc.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's LOSING that makes fans decide the game's better on TV. The Pats have a full house every Sunday (Monday, Thursday, etc.). Why should, oh, Rams fans show the same devotion in December?

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree the TV experience is far superior to in-stadium for football and most other stuff, unless you are in one of the suites.

Traffic, $10 for a cup of beer, obnoxious drunk behind spewing profanity for three hours, the smells. Who needs all that? I get better views, replays, analysis, all from the comfort of home in my pajamas (if I sleep in).

Draft saved Draft deleted