1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC political director: B. Clinton 'unprepared for 21st century media'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 29, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Interesting tip-of-the-iceberg article that could have led to a deeper discussion of how the Internet could change campaigning and political coverage.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6555285.html?desc=topstory

2. Oh, I'm fairly sure George Allen took a bigger hit from the New Media/YouTube era than Bill has.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A shame, that.

4. I awake weeping at least four times a week.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I thought there was a ban on using 'blowback' and 'Clinton' in the same story.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Mitigating this is the fact that most of Clinton's base doesn't log onto YouTube on a regular basis.

Obama didn't get in trouble with "YouTube sensation" Jeremiah Wright until it was played over and over on cable news, which is where Clinton's base would have seen it.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Who cares how well Bill Clinton would or would not have handled the internet as President?

Fuckin' Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't have handled Beltway traffic very well. ::)

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Right now I would guess his wife cares quite a bit.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She's not letting him run loose right now, except among the real hicks he'd be hard-pressed to truly offend.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I know. That's this guy's point. Bill caused all kinds of problems for the campaign because he didn't know how to handle new media. He can't lie and get away with it anymore.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And neither can she.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not just him, or her — none of them can, of any party.

Draft saved Draft deleted