1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC plots spinoff of "The Office"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not sure about this move.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=a0c1a55d-2f8f-4fe3-abf4-20b8f0585dc1&entry=index&sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Plus the quality of SNL will decline even more in the fall, as NBC will put a 30-minute SNL on Thursday on during primetime of election season.

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Unless it's revolved around Andy that is, then it's brilliant.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

SNL has quality?

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So glad to see Life and Chuck are back. Although they've pretty much given Life the Dead Show Walking spot, Fridays at 10.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A smidge. And what's left will be used on Thursday during primetime, leaving the SNL mothership with the dregs of the dregs.

And I just noticed the article says next season will be ER's final year.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Good to see that Scrubs will be moving to ABC.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Network execs really are lacking in original ideas. "Hey, 'The Office' is great. Let's do another show just like it!" Dolts.
    But, I agree with Arnold, I'm so happy "Chuck" is back, even in the "kiss-of-death-timeslot."

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Knight Rider?
    A sure sign of the end of the world.

The Office spinoff might be funny, if they base each episode around a different character and follow them around outside the office. Dwight at the farm, Creed going to the soup kitchen on Saturday for lunch.
    It could work.
    But I doubt that's what they have planned. Probably more like Andy and Angela leave to run the office in Altoona.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Knight Rider mini-movie that was shown several weeks ago sucked horrendously. Who the fuck thought that was good enough to put on week after week?

I'm not sold on an Office spinoff. But, I'll at least give it a shot.

What I, and I would guess everyone else, would like to know is: Will Cavemen be back?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I gave the Knight Rider movie a shot. I was a fan of the original series. I liked what they did with the car and Val Kilmer's voicework, but the story and the rest of the cast were absolutely horrible.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wait, Val Kilmer was the voice of the car?
    That's kind of funny.

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted