1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC orders two more seasons of Friday Night Lights

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shifty Squid, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've read that Lyla and Tyra will be given four episode goodbye archs, the same way that Street and Smash were. I believe the only guarantee was that Coach and Mrs. Coach would return, but you would also assume that means Julie too.

I'm sure they're not going to let Taylor Kitsch go without a fight, since he's on the verge of being a big star, but I would prefer if they just let him have a send off as well and started to focus on new characters.

2. Landry and Julie will be back as well, I do believe. Or at least they have the eligibility left to stick around.

3. WS

WS Member

So if Dillon splits up, will rising star Wade Aikman be the coach at the new school and take JD with him?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My greatest hope is that Buddy Garrity stays heavily involved.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think it's still one of those shows that could catch on with more young people if it was marketed correctly and given a proper timeslot. The writing and acting are excellent, especially compared to a One Tree Hill, but it's very much a teenage drama at its core IMO.

Anyway, this is excellent news because I'm loving this season and was wondering whether it would stick around. It definitely has its following, especially those who DVR it and play it back later in the week.

6. Maybe we hit at the real reason it is such a great show ... it's hard to define and could connect with plenty of different viewers. Clearly it is a show about a high school so it is a teenage drama as well, but I still feel that the town and the people in it (high school or not) are what truly define the show.

Who cares how to define it? It's coming back, that's all that matters to me.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tell that to Jericho fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted