1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Olympic announcers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by James307, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He is awful on hoops.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

LaToya Jackson. Not to mention Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and Randy. And if I missed one, then that Jackson, too.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That was Brandi Chastain, calling the came off a TV screen with J.P. Dellacamera.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hammonds, Tautwig, Ted Robinson, and Marlowe are solid in what they are good at in the Olympics.

5. Is Dellacamera the only American qualified to do PBP on soccer?

And what, they couldn't send them to Beijing?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Ted Robinson is solid in anything he does.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wow. That's all I got.

But yeah, I'm disturbed they're in New York. Don't know if NBC is lazy or cheap or both.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As of right now, he's the best America's got.

As for Marcelo Balboa, I thought that era had been put to bed. Goodness me, he has never been good.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

The IOC is starting to limit how many people networks bring over - apparently NBC was told they could bring only half of the staff they did between Torino and Vancouver.

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Given the number of games they're calling (all the soccer games, men's and women's), the announcers were going to be calling them from a studio anyways. It makes no sense to send them to a studio in China in that case.

Was it me, or was Bill Patrick completely lost as studio host? He's usually good, but he seems to have mailed this assignment in.

Draft saved Draft deleted