1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Feb 28, 2010.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Among many choices, I think that's what annoyed me the most about this show: how many times somebody tried to crack an unfunny joke and they immediately cut to one of the panelists LAUGHING~!

Not just laughing, but LAUGHING~! See! It's funny! Look how funny our panelists are!

It all just seemed so ... forced.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I am not any kind of expert on TV, but can one really say David Caruso overacts when he has that same look on his face in every seen? His voice is barely audible, and he acts like every sentence is a question?

To me overacting is yelling lines of dialogue.

As far as Seinfeld goes, Jerry should have quit that show three years before he did. The last few seasons were not anywhere close to what Seinfeld was in its prime.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was this line: "I look forward to the Curb episode where Larry David tells Jerry what a lousy idea The Marriage Ref was."

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

According to the previews, Larry David is a panelist in an upcoming show, along with Madonna.

So, whatever else it lacks, the show sure has some pull in bringing in stars.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He made $270 million from Seinfeld during it's NBC run and that's not counting how much he's made from it in the more than a decade since where it's still ruling syndication. I don't think even Larry David would try to claim he doesn't get enough credit for Seinfeld's success.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watch a lot of bad TV, but Moment of Truth just made me feel dirty. I couldn't watch it.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not to mention Marv 'yeah, i bite women while I wear pink panties' Albert is part of the cast.

8. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I turned it off after 10 minutes. I could smell the domestic violence just under the surface. Have never unddrstood real human misery as entertainment.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How are we friends? :D

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Even with the Olympics lead-in, it lost to "Undercover Boss."

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/marriage-ref-ratings-.html

Draft saved Draft deleted