1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC fail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Baldwin moved to Canada when George Bush won.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I meant the overacting torch

3. beanpole

beanpole Member

Celebs mocking people. This is awful.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Might be the worst show ever.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I zoned out. As far as I can tell it was horrible.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

From what I saw, it will be the closing ceremony of Seinfeld's career.

And they delayed the final hour of the closing ceremony for that? I mean, shit ... Nickelback is better than The Marriage Ref.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    J: "This 10 p.m. thing is absolutely the stupidest thing they've come up with yet."
    C: "Yeah, and I'll bet when it blows up they'll try to stiff all the staff people who move out here with me."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I wouldn't go that far.

It's shitty, but come on.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

On the list of things NBC has done wrong in the past six months, this isn't even on the first page. They knew they had a lot of eyeballs, and used the occasion to introduce something they had in development that stars one of the most successful people in the history of television. Why would they not do that?

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Seinfeld fan. But from what I've seen in the promos, I have zero desire to watch even a minute of the show. Based on the comments here, sounds like I'm not missing anything.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Marriage Ref isn't as quite as bad as the new HBO series Funny or Die. After watching the second episode of it, I'm CERTAIN with every fiber of my being that it is the worst half hour episode of television ever produced.

The thing is, I think that's supposed to be the joke.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Marriage Ref was horrible. Unwatchably so. The host had that horrible combination of being a.) unfunny, and b.) trying too hard. As I watched Jerry go over the top by laughing out loud at everything, as if to sell the viewing audience on the show, I kept coming back to one word: Sad. Sad that the namesake of my favorite sitcom now is now nothing more than a whore/shill.

The subject matter was decidedly unfunny, too. Taxidermy? Give me a break. When the dog's body was shown, my wife was mortified to the point that we spent the rest of the show discussing way-down-the-road cremation options for our beloved puppy.

Brought me to another point. While I don't find Leno at all funny, at least when he goes Jaywalking, the tone of the segment is playful and light-hearted, as if to say, "Ha ha, we all could've forgotten the president's name if we had a camera in our face." The tone of this show is downright mean-spirited -- to the point where I felt legitimately bad for each of the average Joes on the show. Whomever described this show as "celebs mocking people" was spot-on.

Draft saved Draft deleted